The Fund’s mission is to increase the national welfare of the Republic of Kazakhstan through increase in long-term value of the organizations and efficient assets management belonging to the Fund’s Group.
By 2022 the Fund will be a strategic holding company that brings together companies that have reached the world’s best practice, a leading catalyst for development of non-oil companies and the foundation for the maintenance of sustainable functioning of the country’s economy.
The Fund is governed by the following principles:
- Safeguarding interests of the state as the Sole Shareholder of the Fund;
- Profitability, efficiency, transparency, and accountability of the Fund and the companies within the Group of the Fund;
- Consistency and operational efficiency of decision- making and their implementation;
- Social responsibility of the Fund;
At the same time the Fund observes the following values:
- Meritocracy: fairness and objectivity in assessing the contribution and achievements of each individual.
- Respect: treating each team member with respect.
- Honesty: honesty within the Fund and its partners.
- Openness: openness to contacts and partners.
- Team spirit: cooperation to achieve better results from working together.
- Trust: commitment to the culture of mutual respect and trust.
To achieve its vision and implement its mission the Fund will operate on three strategic areas:
1. Increasing the long-term value of the companies
2. Participation in diversification and modernization of the national economy
3. Social responsibility
The Development strategy for 2012-2022 was worked out by the Department of strategy development of JSC “Samruk-Kazyna”.
The draft Strategy was approved by the Fund’s Boards of directors on May 26, 2012 and by the Management Council of the National Welfare Fundchaired by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan on June 28, 2012. The Development strategy of JSC “Samruk-Kazyna” for 2012-2022 was approved by Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan #1202 dated 14 September, 2012.