The privatization of state-owned companies in Kazakhstan is in its second stage and Samruk-Kazyna JSC is actively participating in it as an owner of many state assets.
As part of the comprehensive privatization programme for 2016-2020, Samruk-Kazyna JSC plans to divest 215 assets:
48 large assets
The following 7 out of 44 will go public IPO: Kazatomprom, Air Astana, Kazakhtelecom, Kazakhstan Temir Zholy, KazMunaiGas, Samruk-Energo and Kazpost.
167 small companies
These assets will go on sale mostly through electronic auction.
If there are no similar companies on the market, or the company has strategic and social significance, it can be privatized partially, either through stock market or through auction/bidding with possible attraction of a strategic investor.
Privatization will result:
- optimization of asset structure
- improvement of corporate governance, transparency and performance of the companies
- transfer of technologies and capital into the companies
- incentives for development of small and medium enterprises
- fostering development of Kazakhstan stock market
Privatization will provide investors with the following opportunities
• Curator: Samruk-Kazyna JSC, Telephone: +7 (7172) 55-26-26
• Single operator: Samruk-Kazyna Contract LLP, Telephone: +7 (7172) 55-29-68, 55-29-86
• Contacts of Commissions on assets divestiture and facilities of Samruk-Kazyna JSC:
Samruk-Energy JSC +7 (7172) 55-31-34
KazMunayGas National Company JSC +7 (7172) 78-65-80
Air Astana JSC +7 (727) 258-41-36
Kazakhstan Engineering National Company JSC +7 (7172) 69-55-99 ext.1610
Kazakhstan temir zholy National Company JSC +7 (7172) 60-35-20
KEGOC JSC +7 (7172) 69-35-56, +7 (702) 99-99-640
Каzpost JSC +7 (7172) 61-16-99 ext.1212
Kazakhtelecom JSC +7 (727) 258-32-97
United Chemical Company LLP +7 (7172) 27-71-27 ext. 125
Tau-Ken Samruk JSC +7 (7172) 55-95-23
Kazatomprom National Company JSC +7 (7172) 45-80-15